Help please, /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid: No such file or directory?

Cameron Cowie cdc at limeline.sl
Sat Nov 4 12:27:17 CET 2006

Hi:
I am trying to setup freeradius on the latest stable version of Ubuntu.

Version ...

root at XXXXXXX:/sbin# freeradius -v
freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 1.0.2, for host , built on Aug  6 2006 at
20:11:24
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 The FreeRADIUS server project.

When I run freeradius -x I get an output error of ....

Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Module: Loaded exec
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded radutmp
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Failed creating PID file /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid: No such
file or directory

how to I create that pid file?

We are trying to keep this simple as possible, with just a plain text
access list.

Any help or comments will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Cameron