Accounting : server and port 1813

Bruno Costacurta pubmb01 at skynet.be
Sat Nov 11 17:25:32 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 12:05, James Wakefield wrote:
> Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I already had a working Freeradius configuration and intend now to
> > install accounting.
> > As far I undestand accounting is a server using port 1813 (as a default
> > value). But where is this value setup on the client ?
> > (ie. 1812 port for autorization is setup and used on the NAS)
>
> Depends on your NAS...what do you have?

My wifi router is Olitec wf402sg (aka NAS (Network Access Server) : do not
hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong).

To resume my assumptions are :

- FreeRadius contains few servers : authorize, accounting (and others ?).
- the wifi router is the only client of the radius server (at least in a
personal or home config like the one I'm referring to).
- so only the wifi router access authorization port 1812 and accouting port
1813
- if my wifi router is not able to be configured for accounting my network is
not able to do accounting because station(s) cannot contact 1813.

I'm correct ?
Please do not hesitate to correct me / argument / suggest.

Bruno
--
Register Linux User 353844
http://counter.li.org/