LDAP and mySQL

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Nov 16 09:40:51 CET 2006

Hello,

> The second and more important problem is this: I configured my freeradius
> server, I can authenticate with my users ldap... but I configured my mysql
> server too, but I can't to authenticate with the mysql users... the access
> is denied... even when the user and password is correct...
> ho
> I think that the server isn't looking for my users in mysql database.
> Someone knows how I can to test if the freeradius is looking for my users
> in my mysql database too?

The first step is: tell us exactly what you are trying to do. Do you want to
use LDAP in combination with mySQL, or do you want to move from LDAP to
mySQL.

In both cases: make sure sql.conf is configured correctly and that in the
sections authorize {} and authenticate {} the sql line is activated.

Then, if you get back to the list, provide a debug output (start FreeRADIUS
with radiusd -X), so that we know what's going on.

Oh, and please reply with a subject line that tells people a little more
than "Re: Digest ...".

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg