logging to normal radius.log and syslog

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 17 00:01:02 CET 2006

Michael Messner <michael.messner_edv at inode.at> wrote:
> >   Because it's in debugging mode.  Output goes to STDOUT, and not to
> > radius.log.
>
> sure, we need the possibility to analyze the files

  Then why are you running the server in debugging mode, with output
goind to STDOUT?

> I think this would be very helpfull, so it's easy to have a look at the
> normal log-output and if there are problems it's possible to analyse the
> debugg log-file!

  I don't understand what you're trying to do.  You want the output to
go to STDOUT for debugging, AND to go to radiusd.log?  Why?  Even
that's possible with a simple Unix command:

$ radiusd -X | tee /var/log/radius.log

  This should do what you want.  But again, why are you using '-x' if
you want the output to go to radius.log?  What are you doing with the
text being printed to stdout?