EAP abort in the middle of conversation [SOLVED+suggestion]

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Wed Nov 22 08:55:25 CET 2006

Hi Alan,

>   Where's the State attribute?  It's *required* to be there for EAP to
> work.  Either the client is dropping State, or one of the proxies is
> dropping it.
>
>   All in all, I think one of the proxies is broken.  If it's Radiator,
> discuss it with them, and we can hash it out.

Actually, the first-in-line FR 1.1.3 is the one that behaved strangely. I
configured the attr_filter module in the post-proxy section, because I may
receive attributes like VLAN id's from upstream proxies which are either
meaningless or even harmful.
Problem is: the shipped $raddbdir/attrs file strips off EAP conversations
completely, so I had to edit it to allow EAP-Message to go through. While
doing that, I forgot the State attribute (and wasn't even aware that it is so
crucial; time for a little RTFRFC). Now that I added State =* ANY to the list
of allowed attributes things work like a charm.

But I would like to suggest to add at least EAP-Message and State in the
default attrs file that's shipped. This was really an ugly caveat.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg