Expiration

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Tue Nov 28 15:40:05 CET 2006

> I have a question with regard to expiration. I'd like to update the
> expiration to a new date once a user logs in for the first
> time. I've tried to add a query to the sql conf file where
> the radacct table
> gets updated when a user logs in, but I can't seem to add a
> new query that is recognized, or append a query to one that
> is there.

Here is how I would do this:

Define a new sql module in your sql.conf file:

sql sql-update-expiration {
  XXX
}

Replace XXX with the SQL query you want.

Then in your post-auth section add something like:
        Post-Auth-Type postauth.updateExpiration {
                sql-update-expiration
        }

Then in your "users" file (or sql DB if your rules are handled by mysql):

DEFAULT Huntgroup == MyNASWithExpirationUpdate, Post-Auth-Type :=
postauth.updateExpiration
        +List of reply attrs

Replace the condition "Huntgroup == MyNASWithExpirationUpdate" with anything
that could match the Accesses for which you want to update the Expiration
attribute.

HTH,
Thibault