Freeradius users

Nick Larsen larsen.nick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 04:16:54 CEST 2006

Hi Adrian,

Have you looked in the 'users' file in the raddb/ directory? There's some
examples in there (user 'steve'). You can usually trim some stuff out of
that account and use it as the base for your other users.

I prefer to use MySQL to hold all the user and accounting information.
Service-Type = Framed-User and Framed-Protocol = PPP are the important AV
pairs for PPP users (along with Framed-IP-Address and Framed-IP-Netmask).

Hope this helps you, if not, check the docs/ directory in the source, and
also search for the .sql file which is the MySQL database structure I use
for users and accounting.

Regards,

Nick Larsen

On 9/29/06, Adrian Acuna <adrianlacuna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody: In my new job they want to implement Radius for PPP
> connection. I have installed Freeradius-1.1.3. The instalation messages
> show that everything is OK. But I really don't know how create new users and
> test it. I need something like directions to create accounts and raise the
> connection. I have reviewed a lot of web pages but I found only PPP dial
> server information. I will appreciate your help and support! Adrian Acuna

Regards,

Nick Larsen
Wellington
NEW ZEALAND