rewriting Frame-IP-Netmask

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 02:09:55 CEST 2006

Apu islam wrote:
> I am having problems rewriting the IP Netmask
> attribure. I am using mysql for my user authorization.
> the IP address seems to get set right, but the Netmask
> does not. I have specified it specifically and even
> changed the default, but could not get this to work.
> Its a PPP framed connection.
> What should I look at ? Thank you for suggestions.
>
> Apu

Hi Apu,

Run the server in debugging mode (radiusd -X) and watch the
access-accept packet go from freeradius to your NAS.  If the subnet mask
is correct there, there's a config. problem/bug with your NAS.  If it's
not correct there, then there's something you've missed in your
freeradius config.  Is there any chance the subnet mask is specified on
your NAS and it's overriding what you send it?

Cheers,
--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au