Reversibly encrypted passwords in SQL

Rob Shepherd rob at techniumcast.com
Mon Oct 9 18:32:11 CEST 2006

Jan Mulders wrote:
> I'd also like to do this - although non-reversable encryption (like
> MD5) would suit us - eg, password is encrypted in the table, and is
> encrypted and compared when a user's password is checked.
>
> How is encryption meant to be done in the MySQL module at all?

You could use NT-hash from the NT/LM hash codes.

NT-Password := [32 hex chars in lowercase]

Then use something which likes NT hashing, such as MSchapv2 or a PAP
instance configured to do NT-hashing... like so

modules{

	PAP nthashpap {
		encryption_scheme = nt

and subsequently...

authenticate{
	Auth-Type PAP{
		nthashpap

Cheers

Rob

--
Rob Shepherd, PhD | Computer and Network Engineer | TechniumCAST
rob gets mail at techniumcast.com