Reversibly encrypted passwords in SQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 9 23:11:09 CEST 2006

Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:
> is there any way of using reversibly encrypted passwords together
> with a mySQL backend?

  Not really, no.  But it shouldn't be too hard to add...

> with an algorithm that encrypts reversibly. I failed to see a list of
> supported algorithms in the docs, a pointer would be nice...

  There are no reversible encryption methods supported.

  You would have to:

1 - define an attribute in the dictionary, say "Reversibly-Encrypted-Password"
2 - write code (probably a module) to decrypt that attribute using a key,
    and create Cleartext-Password from it
3 - write a program to turn clear-text passwords into encrypted ones.