Huntgroupname checkitem in LDAP

Jonathan De Graeve Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be
Mon Oct 16 17:18:07 CEST 2006

Hello, i'm looking for a way to have my huntgroups defined in LDAP
similar to the way they are in SQL.

For example if a user belongs to Ldap-Group vpn, the Group in ldap
contains an attribute containing the huntgroup names which the Group
gives access to.

I tried adding 'checkItem Huntgroup-Name' info to my ldap.attrmap with
attribute 'info' having value: '=~ ^(vpn|sslvpn)$' (without succes)

I had success with the following setup:

In users:

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == vpn, Ldap-Group == vpn

                        Fall-Through = no

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == sslvpn, Ldap-Group == sslvpn

                        Fall-Through = no

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject

This allows to specify which user has access to which nasgroup by adding
groupmemberships to the user. But it breaks the users existing in SQL.

I could off course also add the specific SQL-Groups into the users file
but this would still require a reorganisation of the SQL users since
they only have a Huntgroup-Name attribtue for there grouplevel which
specifies multiple huntgroups by using regexp.

I'm kinda stuck in how to implement it. Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

J.