billing problem in freeradius

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Tue Oct 17 00:40:38 CEST 2006

anand kumar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to integrate our billing code in freeradius. and i wants  to
> make  a code in c language  with mysql database connectivity and i wants
> to make a so file also .  Please help me.
>
> Thanks
> A. K.
>

> Anand Kumar
> Software Engineer(VoIP)

Hi Anand,

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Are you trying to get freeradius to
deny authorization when a user meets certain billing-related criteria,
eg: haven't paid their bill for x months, have used up all their
pre-paid usage, etc?  Or, are you trying to log accounting data into a
database in some way that the rlm_sql accounting code doesn't already
allow you to do?

The standard approach is to simply use sql accounting, which will log
accounting data to an SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle etc) database, then
use billing software to generate bills based on the data in your
accounting table, or a capture of that data at a particular instance, or
something similar.  If you have usage meters or other such software,
you'd have those querying the accounting table.

Did that help, or am I way off?

Cheers,

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au