problem with proxy configuration

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Wed Oct 18 00:15:28 CEST 2006

Prabhdeep Singh wrote:
> I do understand your technical objection of doing what I am doing, but
> I have a valid application reson, which is that I support multiple
> realms on this particular radius server.
> For some realms, I want the UserName to strip the Realm name ("nostrip")
> and for some I don't....
>
> Is there any other way to achieve the same than not using "striop" and
> "nostrip" flag in proxy.conf

Read before you edit.  From my default proxy.conf file:

#
#  This is a local realm.  The requests are NOT proxied,
#  but instead are authenticated by the RADIUS server itself.
#
#  You don't need a secret if BOTH 'authhost' and 'accthost' are
#  set to LOCAL.
#
#realm bla.com {
#       type            = radius
#       authhost        = LOCAL
#       accthost        = LOCAL
#}

"LOCAL" is a special word and does not equal localhost or your fqdn.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator