rlm_sqlippool load failure

Francisco Gimeno kikov79 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:53:52 CEST 2006

2006/10/19, Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net>:

> > This is my first post in the list, so please excuse any eventual problem
> > could cause.
> > I'm running a FreeRadius 1.1.3 server with the Debian patches and a
> little
> > patch I made to correct the NAS-Port known behaviour for fixed NAS-Port.
>
> You shouldn't need any patches for that. sqlippool handles fixed ports.
> Check
> the config file.

The failure is not on the tiny patch.

> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_postgresql #3
> > rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
> > rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
> > rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_postgresql #4
> > rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
> > Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
> > freeradius: relocation error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sqlippool-1.1.3.so
> :
> > undefined symbol: sql_get_socket
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > The strange thing is that the sql module seems initialized, but
> sqlippool
> > doesn't load.
> > I looked the sql_get_socket function over the code, and I found it in
> the
> > sql.c file in the rlm_sql module. Furthermore, I see that function being
> > compiled and linked in the rlm_sql.so file as it's shown here:
> > ---------
> > [08:11:33]
> > fgd at myBox:/home/fgd/src/freeradius-1.1.3/src/modules/rlm_sql/.libs# nm
> > rlm_sql.so | grep sql_get_socket
> > 000047f0 T sql_get_socket
> > ---------
> >
> > I don't know how to force it to be loaded... any hint?
>
> I have not seen this error before. Alan? Any ideas?

I have tested with the CVS HEAD version, still the same problem here.

rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_postgresql #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
freeradius: relocation error: /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sqlippool-
2.0.0-pre0.so: undefined symbol: sql_get_socket

ummm.. I don't have any idea how to solve it...
I'm thinking about #including "sql.c" in the rlm_sqlippool.

Thanks for your fast response, Peter,