static IP's with rlm_perl

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 20 00:21:22 CEST 2006

Michael Gale <michael.gale at pason.com> wrote:
> 	I thought I could assign the IP by using the method below:
>
>          $RAD_REPLY{'Framed-IP-Address'} = '192.168.77.200';
>          $RAD_REPLY{'Framed-Netmask'}= '255.255.255.255';
>          $RAD_REPLY{'Framed-Protocol'} = 'PPP';
>          $RAD_REPLY{'Service-Type'} = 'Framed-User';
>
> However it looks like the IP is not being sent back to the client.

  Did you run the server in DEBUGGING MODE to see if it sent that
address in the Access-Accept?  If not, why are you avoiding the one
tool that will give you the most information about what's really going
on?  If you did run it in debugging mode, why didn't you post the
output here?

  Honestly... repeating the same comment that you're trying to assign
a static IP a second time doesn't help.  Giving more information as
suggested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, "man" page, and daily on this
list would help.