Difference between radiusd-cistron and freeradius?

Jan Mulders lastchancehotel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 01:49:52 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get hold of a CVS snapshot of the latest
FreeRADIUS build - but I'm having some real trouble.

I've tried looking in the cvs-snapshots subfolder, and found:

radiusd-cistron-1.6-snapshot-20061019.tar.gz

Is this freeradius?

I would like the new functionality that allows me to write to the
RAD_CHECK hash from rlm_perl, that's the only reason I want to use
CVS. When I attempt to connect to CVS, I get the following:

root at betabitch [~/installs/radiusd-cvs]# cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source login
Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:2401/source
CVS password:
root at betabitch [~/installs/radiusd-cvs]# cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout radiusd

....upon which point it sits there doing nothing for about 20 minutes.

I presume this is not normal CVS behaviour?

Where do I get the correct CVS snapshot for freeradius?

I apologise, this is probably very obvious but I've been trying all
day to figure out why the snapshot I had downloaded (see top of email)
doesn't read from config files, or accept the radiusd -X switch...

Regards,

Jan