HUP causes crashes [was: Error: ERROR: Tunnel-Password attribute in request]

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 25 11:57:55 CEST 2006

B Thompson wrote:

> I cannot continue to use 1.1.3 as we are regularly using HUP to re-read
> the configs and there appears to be a problem with this in versions > 1.0.1.

Yes, there does.

I haven't had time to gather the relevant debugging info (we just
restart instead of HUP the server as a workaround) but we have several
processes running on the same box. Some crash on hup, some don't. Those
that do are the ones with the eap/peap modules enabled, so I am thinking
it might be SSL related.

What platform are you running on? We're on RHEL4, OpenSSL 0.9.7a,
FreeRadius 1.1.3

I'll look into gathering crash info