openldap+freeradius+Cisco

jerrrry at voila.fr jerrrry at voila.fr
Fri Oct 27 10:18:40 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying  to authenticate and authorize Cisco routers administrators But not the autorization (privilege level).  so not when i add  "aaa authorization exec default group radiusvrf if-authenticated" to the cisco router to be able to manage privileges with radius.

to make it work, i think i need to  configure Service-Type and cisco-avpair   attributes for each user  to get the autorization from the cisco router.
I want to configure this attributs in freeradius, not in openldap.

So, is it possible to add this attributes to a specific user in the raddb/users file after he has been authenticated by ldap ? or i must do it differently ?

in raddb/radiusd.conf:
authorize {
preprocess
files
ldap
}

authenticate {
Auth-Type PAP {
pap
}
Auth-Type LDAP {
ldap
I tried with a user and a DEFAULT user:

raddb/users:

Robert Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User
cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=1"

DEFAULT Service-Type = NAS-Prompt-User
cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=1"

but this attributs seem not to be send to the routeur. when ldap is authorize in radiusd.conf, the users file is not check anymore ?

Thanks for your help

Thomas