FreeRadius User config file

Uma Palvannan u.palvannan at qut.edu.au
Mon Oct 30 04:58:13 CET 2006

Hi All,

I am currently configuring power distribution units(PDU) in our
organisation, authentication from freeradius-1.0.1-3.RHEL4.3

1. I have configured the dictionary file accordingly.

client 131.xxx.xx.xxx {

        secret          =abcdeffghijk

        shortname       =PDU1

}

client 131.xxx.xx.xxx {

        secret          =lmnoopqrstuve

        shortname       =PDU2

}

2. I have also defined the ATTRIBUTE and VALUE the dictionary file as
per APC vendor's instructions

VENDOR APC 318

BEGIN-VENDOR APC

ATTRIBUTE APC-Service-Type 1 integer APC

VALUE APC-Service-Type Admin 1

VALUE APC-Service-Type Device 2

VALUE APC-Service-Type ReadOnly 3

3. I have modified the users file , created groups and outlet access for
each group. In the below example,I have given group3 access to outlet3.

DEFAULT Group == "group3", Auth-Type = System

        APC-Service-Type = Outlet,

        APC-Outlets = "3",

        Fall-Through = No

4. Now, I have 20 PDUs setup (in pair) and  I also would like to
restrict the subnets that it can authenticate from. I would like to set
up a rule in user file as following:

If pdu1 or pdu2

{if group1 and authenticated from the approved subnets

  Then

     APC-Service-Type = Outlet,

        APC-Outlets = "1",

}

....And so on for the rest of PDU pairs.

Has anyone done a similar setup before? If so, could you please shed
light?

Thanks in advance

Uma

u.palvannan at qut.edu.au