Freeradius with Comindico

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Tue Oct 31 06:50:41 CET 2006

Cory Robson wrote:
> I’m configuring freeradius 1.0.4-1.FC4.1 for the first time in an
> attempt to interface with Comindico’s system.
>

> Comindico are totally unhelpful hese days with most support issues other
> than suggesting I buy a copy of radiator as that’s all they apparently know.
>
> Anyway I have configured freeradius to use mysql for authentication and
> accounting.
>

> Has anyone done a step by step config or able to assist me in
> understanding this process better.
>

> NTRadping confirms authentication and accounting packets are functional
> but I cannot find any information to support commindico’s process
>
> I have most of my dialup services through comindico.

G'day Cory,

If Comindico can give you a dictionary of attributes they send and
expect to receive, the authentication protocols they support, timeouts,
UDP port numbers, and NAS/RADIUS proxy IPs, that should be all you need.
  If you really have to, ask for their suggested Radiator config, then
transpose to freeradius, which I'm willing to give you a hand with if
you like.

You may also find it useful to subscribe and post to the AusNOG
(http://www.ausnog.net/mailman/listinfo/ausnog) and isp-australia
(mailto:join-isp-australia at isp-australia.com) in the hope that your
posting is brought to the attention of clueful Comindico people.

Cheers,

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au