WebDAV HTTP Auth to RADIUS, possible?

Samuel Degrande Samuel.Degrande at lifl.fr
Fri Sep 1 10:26:53 CEST 2006

Michael Check wrote:
> On 8/31/06, Michael Check <michaelr.check at gmail.com> wrote:
>> WebDAV will allow either Basic or Digest (it uses the same HTTP Auth
>> mechanism that Apache provides) so I think it will work.  Even with
>> DAV On, you can have AuthType Basic - so my assumption at this point
>> is that it will work.  I'll report back to the list.
>
> I'm having difficulty getting Basic authentication done with
> mod_auth_radius
>
> Here is the http conf directives used:
>
> <IfModule mod_auth_radius.c>
>
> AddRadiusAuth 127.0.0.1:1812 testing123 5:3
>
> AddRadiusCookieValid 5
>
> </IfModule>
>

> <Location /calendars/>
>
>    AllowOverride None
>    Options None
>
>    AuthType Basic
>    AuthName "Calendars"
> #    AuthAuthoritative Off
>    AuthRadiusAuthoritative On
>    AuthRadiusCookieValid 5
>    AuthRadiusActive On
>     <Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS>
>        require valid-user
>    </Limit>
>
>    </Location>

Our configuration for Apache 1.3 (but it was for https authentication,
not for WebDAV...) was

AuthAuthoritative on
AuthRadiusAuthoritative on

As far as I remember the order of module declaration was also important.
We had :

LoadModule access_module libexec/mod_access.so
LoadModule radius_auth_module libexec/mod_auth_radius.so
LoadModule auth_module libexec/mod_auth.so

Hope it will help you....

--
Samuel Degrande           LIFL - UMR8022 CNRS - INRIA Futurs - Bat M3
Phone: (33)3.28.77.85.30  USTL - Universite de Lille 1