Regarding handling of threads

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 2 16:14:09 CEST 2006

"Ravi S M" <smravi at TechMahindra.com> wrote:
> 1)       When we run server parent exits by spawning a child to handle
> client's requests, so during this time purify also exits but shows 95
> leaks. (leak report shows from "src/main/modules.c" from line num "207")

  If the "leaks" happen when the program exits, they are not really
leaks.

> *         My doubt is whether these leaks which are shown with purify
> are freed in child or how these leaks get rid off??

  They are not leaked in the child, because the child is still using
that memory.

> *         Or when parents calls exit(0), do all memory are freed ??

  That's how operating systems work.

> 2)       For handling multiple requests, is threads implemented? If so
> how?

  Uh... go read the source code.

> Please I am grateful if you can provide some information.

  I think I'll stop responding to your messages.  You haven't
responded to any of my questions, so there's no point in me continuing.