AP point support 802.1x but only with WPA

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Sep 4 09:33:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Someone would know to tell me what Firmware use to be able exclusively to
> use 802.1x without using for WPA (and from where I can download it)?

802.1x almost exclusively comes with some sort of encrytion on the wireless
link. If you don't want to/can't use WPA, you may be able to configure the AP
for 802.1X + "dynamic WEP", which is the poor man's variant of decent
encryption with older devices. But without *any* encryption? Never seen that,
sorry.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche - Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg