XT Radius to Free Radius

relists relists at cqm.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 18:24:58 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:

>relists <relists at cqm.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>The problem with your suggestion is that you can enter the wrong
>>password and it will still authenticate you. We need this to obviously
>>accept when the password is correct and reject when the password is
>>incorrect.
>>

>  Really?  I thought I understood how the server works.
>
>  Please go try my suggestion.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>--

We did try your suggestion before posting back and you can enter any
pasword and it will accept it. We tried it again and here is the output:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.1.1:1224, id=1, length=84
        User-Name = "user at adslgateway.co.uk"
        User-Password = "kjhtlhrfrdjkshgfdhkgj"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 1
    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "adslgateway.co.uk" for User-Name =
"user at adslgateway.co.uk"
    rlm_realm: No such realm "adslgateway.co.uk"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 1
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 4
radius_xlat:  '/etc/raddb/checkpassword.pl user at adslgateway.co.uk
kjhtlhrfrdjkshgfdhkgj'
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 1
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 1
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Accept
  rad_check_password: Auth-Type = Accept, accepting the user
radius_xlat:  '/etc/raddb/checkpassword.pl user at adslgateway.co.uk
kjhtlhrfrdjkshgfdhkgj'
Exec-Program: /etc/raddb/checkpassword.pl user at adslgateway.co.uk
kjhtlhrfrdjkshgfdhkgj
Sending Access-Accept of id 1 to 192.168.1.1:1224
Finished request 1

You will note that from our original post our password was "test".

Any ideas?

Thanks