Problem with Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 migration (same radius version).

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 11 17:08:04 CEST 2006

James Vautin <jvautin at tusc.com.au> wrote:
> We have a Solaris 8 box running freeradius 1.0.4. This machine is being
> upgraded to a bigger beast running Solaris 10.  The problem I am having
> has occurred on all versions of freeradius I have tested on the new
> Solaris 10 machine - including 1.0.4, 1.0.5, and 1.1.1.

  Solaris ships with it's own MD5 libraries that ... don't work.  They
do, however, cause any application on Solaris trying to use MD5 to
break.  That might be the problem here.

  Try using "radtest" as per the FAQ to localhost.  If that doesn't
work, odds are the Solaris MD5 libraries are to blame.  (i.e. they
don't do MD5, but they do expose MD5 functions used by FreeRADIUS).

  We've made efforts to fix this in the server, so maybe 1.1.3 will
help.