Q:ABOUT:EXECUTE QUERY

Alan Lumb freeradius at siblin.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 18:22:00 CEST 2006

> Hello.
>
> My scenario is the next.
>
> I need to detect the telephone number that dial to my
> NAS (Network Access Server) and validate if that
> number exist in my database to retrieve some
> information, if that telephone number dosen´t exist i
> need to insert it's data.
>

> Then.
>
> 1. How can i get the telephone number that dial to my
> NAS?
>
> 2. Ones that i get the telephone number, what is the
> correct form to implement a new query to validate the
> existense of the number an the insert of it's data if
> not?

its scenarios like this that convinced me to use rlm_perl, then your
custom perl authentication script can update your database as it sees fit.

Other methods would be to use rlm_exec (for another scripting language) or
using stored proceedures (supported in mysql 5 for example).

Oh and i think the radius parameter you are looking for is
Calling-Station-Id.