IAS and Openser

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Sep 14 08:03:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

>  How can I transform freeradius server in a proxy?
>  I configured the proxy.conf, but seems dont work
>
>  And I uncommnet the line in radiusd.conf:
>
>  proxy_requests  = yes
>  $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/proxy.conf
>
>  I wanna do this:
>  |Openser| -> |Radiusclient| -> |Freeradius| -> |IAS| -> |AD|
>
>  Its work?
>
>  And in IAS should I configured anything?

Configure the NULL realm with the same settings as DEFAULT. Other than that,
the config sounds good to me. Did you change anything apart from that in the
default config file? In particular, you need to have at least one instance of
the "realm" module in authorize { }. The default config has "suffix" in
there, that should be fine. You need to be sure then that your user names
don't contain the @ character - otherwise they won't match the DEFAULT realm
you set up in proxy.conf.

If you are positive that an instance of realm is in authorize and NULL is
configured, but it still doesn't work then please post the debug output
(radiusd -X) of a packet that arrived and was supposed to be proxied, but
wasn't.

>  Sorry for the portuguese e-mail.

When I read it, I wondered what strange dialect of Spanish this is. :-)
Portuguese and Spanish aren't that far apart after all, it seems.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

RESTENA Foundation - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
R&D Engineer

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg