(Desperate) help setting up freeradius for use with eap-tls and win clients

Federico Carbonetti smoking81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:40:12 CEST 2006

Hello everybody!

I am completely new to freeradius and its world, as well as to linux
environment.. I post this e-mail because I have few days left to
configure freeradius for an exam about WLAN security and I am
desperate... :(
Yesterday I installed freeradius 1.1.3 on my linux kubuntu box (where
I have kernel 2.6.15 installed) by following this step by step guide
in 3 parts: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8151

Everything worked fine, maybe I just wasn't sure about the permissions
changing described in part III of the guide.. But when I finally
started the server by typing rc.radiusd start It just wrote radiusd as
response and then the shell prompts for new commands, while I think it
should say something like "waiting to process..."

Can anybody please help me to fix this?
Otherwise, if you could please suggest me another HOWTO more updated
and more reliable of the one I mentioned above, I could also start
again on another laptop where i have kubuntu installed as well..

Thanks a lot everybody for your attention/the help you will wish to give me!:)
federico