issue while setting up clients list from mysql

Christian Hahn hahn at berkom.de
Thu Sep 14 13:58:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've running a freeradius 2.0.0.pre0 from CVS (20060912) and have
problems generating the clients list from the nas table of an mysql
server.
The mysql server is running on localhost I can connect using the same
user/password combination configured in the radiusd sql section.
On the mysql console I can ask the SELECT query for the nas tables
defined in sql/mysql-dialup.conf with success.
But if I fire up the radiusd it gives this error:

- ----------8<-----------
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
rlm_sql (sql): Processing generate_sql_clients
rlm_sql (sql) in generate_sql_clients: query is SELECT id, nasname,
shortname, type, secret FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql_mysql: query:  SELECT id, nasname, shortname, type, secret
FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Read entry
nasname=127.0.0.1,shortname=localhost,secret=testing123
rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 127.0.0.1 (localhost) to clients list
rlm_sql (sql): generate_sql_clients() returned error
rlm_sql (sql): Closing sqlsocket 4
rlm_sql (sql): Closing sqlsocket 3
rlm_sql (sql): Closing sqlsocket 2
rlm_sql (sql): Closing sqlsocket 1
rlm_sql (sql): Closing sqlsocket 0
radiusd.conf[11]: sql: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1966] Failed to find module "sql".
radiusd.conf[1889] Failed to parse authorize section.
Errors setting up modules

I'm a little bit lost now, maybe I don't see the obvious. Any hints
what can cause this error are appreciated.

regards,
Christian