denying access to user from device

Garrett.Marks at wichita.edu Garrett.Marks at wichita.edu
Thu Sep 14 21:33:35 CEST 2006

> Rob Shepherd wrote:
> TYPO!
>
> DEFAULT HuntGroup-Name == ciscovpnc
>          Autz-Type := ldap
>
> ...is how it looks in raddb/user.

You need to put the Autz-Type on the first line as a check item.

DEFAULT HuntGroup-Name == ciscovpnc, Autz-Type := ldap

If I understand correctly, with the Autz-Type on the second line you are
trying to set it as a reply item.  However, Autz-Type is a server
configuration attribute not a standard RADIUS attribute that a client
(NAS) would understand, which is why you need to set it on the first line.

I've been using a similar configuration for awhile, except we use multiple
ldap modules and I also set Auth-Type as well as the Autz-Type.

> Oh, and I tried various combos of
>
> Autz-Type ldap{
>    ldap
> }
>
> in authorize{ too. No joy.

This looks fine to me, probably just need to fix the DEFAULT line.