iODBC FreeTDS troubles

Angelo Compagnucci emailvarie at davide.it
Sat Sep 16 00:06:35 CEST 2006

Hi to all!

I have some trouble with debian stable, iODBC and FreeTDS to connect with a MS
SQL server. I hate sql server but this is my first real job and i can't say
no.

This is my problem: freeradius says

"sql_create_socket: SQLConnectfailed:  [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name
not found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded"

This is my /etc/odbc.ini

[ODBC Data Sources]
MSSQL = sql con connessione FreeTDS

[MSSQL]
Description     = FreeTDS Freeradius MSSQL
# Driver          = {FreeTDS}
Database        = Radius_DB
Driver          = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so
UID             = wireles_admin
PWD             = ***
Port            = 1433
Server            = 192.168.1.21
TDS Version      = 8.0

[Default]
Driver          = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/odbc/libtdsS.so

When i try

	iodbctest "DSN=MSSQL;UID=wireless_admin;PWD=***"

from command line everithing works well and i can query my db.

If i try

	iodbctest "DSN=MSSQL"

i have this error

1: SQLDriverConnect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Could not find UID parameter (0)
SQLSTATE=IM007
1: ODBC_Connect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Could not find UID parameter (0)
SQLSTATE=IM007

I have the ODBCINI set to /etc/odbc.ini

Can anyone help me?