sqlippool not working

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue Sep 19 19:58:55 CEST 2006

It turns out that sqlippool.conf was in the Makefile for 1.1.x but not for CVS
head. It didnt affect us because we use an rpm.

Guilherme can you please test a new cvs checkout?

Also, because sqlippool is still experimental you need to explicitly enable it
with

./configure --with-modules="rlm_sqlippool"

Cheers

Peter

On Tue 19 Sep 2006 17:44, Tuyan Ozipek wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> When i installed (compiled from source) the
> freeradius-snapshot-20060918 tarball, the only missing thing was
> the sqlippool.conf file (which i copied from some other test
> environment). Since sqlippool module is not(yeah, we run it on
> production happily for sometime..) considered stable yet, we do not
> build it by default.(Lets check sqlippool.conf file installation in the
> makefiles tho.)
>
> I am running it now on my development machine with no problems.
>
> The only thing possible is there is some type of typo in the config file
> that Guilherme Franco is using.
>
> also, trace shows that there is no allocate-clear statement set for
> sqlippool to use.
>

> here is the allocate-clear statement that i used for my test..
>
>  allocate-clear = "UPDATE radippool \
>   SET nasipaddress = '', pool_key = 0, callingstationid = '', \
>   expiry_time = 'now'::timestamp(0) - '1 second'::interval \
>   WHERE pool_key = '${pool-key}'"
>

> Regards
>
> On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 00:27 +0300, Peter Nixon wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Like you told me before, you did some cleanups in the sqlippool.conf.
> >
> > Well, I've tried to install todays freeradius CVS, and it installed
> > without the sqlippool module, don't know why.
> >
> > So, I've compiled it manually from
> > freeradius-snapshot-20060918/src/modules/rlm_sqlippool/
> >
> > OK, but when I run radiusd -X, I got this in the end, regardless of my
> > configuration in sqlippool.conf and radiusd.conf:
> >
> > Module: Loaded SQL IP Pool
> >   sqlippool: sql-instance-name = "sql"
> >   sqlippool: lease-duration = 86400
> >   sqlippool: pool-name = ""
> >   sqlippool: allocate-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: allocate-clear = ""
> >   sqlippool: allocate-find = ""
> >   sqlippool: allocate-update = ""
> >   sqlippool: allocate-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: allocate-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> >   sqlippool: start-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: start-update = ""
> >   sqlippool: start-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: start-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> >   sqlippool: alive-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: alive-update = ""
> >   sqlippool: alive-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: alive-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> >   sqlippool: stop-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: stop-clear = ""
> >   sqlippool: stop-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: stop-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> >   sqlippool: on-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: on-clear = ""
> >   sqlippool: on-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: on-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> >   sqlippool: off-begin = "BEGIN"
> >   sqlippool: off-clear = ""
> >   sqlippool: off-commit = "COMMIT"
> >   sqlippool: off-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
> > rlm_sqlippool: the 'allocate-clear' statement must be set.
> >
> > It's not even trying to access the Oracle server.
> >
> > What can it be?
> >
> > Thanks!

Peter Nixon     mailto:peter at suntel.com.tr     Chief Technologist
Suntel Communications                    http://www.suntel.com.tr
TR tel:+902123369299   US tel:+13103177825   UK tel:+448700685002
VoIP sip:pbx at suntel.com.tr          IM jabber:peter at suntel.com.tr

Absolutum obsoletum. (If it works, it's out of date.) -- Stafford Beer
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/