Matter of Life and Death - SQL and Proxy

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 19 22:23:48 CEST 2006

"Guilherme Franco" <guilhermefranco at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is, If PAID != YES, the user is not found by the SELECT
> (correctly) but the request is still proxied to the ISP (normal proxy
> behaviour).
>
> What can I do to reject the request and not proxy it?

  Configure an SQL module instance *just* for this query.  See
doc/configurable_failover for an example "sql sql1 ...".  Let's call
this module "is_paid".  See doc/configurable_failover again for what
to do on module return codes.

  Then in the "authorize" section, do:
  is_paid {
	  notfound = reject

  This will make the user be rejected if they are not paid up.