Conditionally adding reply pair

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Tue Sep 19 23:35:21 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 15:25, Garber, Neal wrote:
> I need to conditionally add a reply pair based upon Huntgroup-Name and a
> custom attribute.  Pseudocode follows for what I'm trying to accomplish:
>

> If Huntgroup-Name == NetSensory then
>    if LDAP-Group-Requirement == "NP-Admin" then
>             pairadd(reply, NetSensory-Permission, "npadmin")
>    Elsif LDAP-Group-Requirement == "NP-Read" then
>             pairadd(reply, NetSensory-Permission, "npread")
>    Elsif LDAP-Group-Requirement == "NP-Insight"
>             pairadd(reply, NetSensory-Permission, "insight")
>    Endif
> Endif
>

> I thought about using an external program (e.g., Perl module) in
> post-auth to accomplish this.  Is this reasonable or is there a better
> way?

You should be able to do this through the users file:

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "NetSensory", LDAP-Group-Requirement == "NP-Admin"
     NetSensory-Permission += "npadmin"

Just change the check and reply items where necessary.  If you don't expect to
use the NetSensory huntgroup after these lines, you may want to add the
following after all users file entries related to the NetSensory huntrgroup.

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "NetSensory", Auth-Type := Reject

Kevin Bonner