users fil vs sql

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Wed Sep 20 05:09:41 CEST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Alan DeKok wrote:

|->Keith Woodworth <kwoody at citytel.net> wrote:
|->> This has been uncommented in radiusd.conf since the start. Which part of
|->> the SQL module needs to be configured? I'm not grokking that part.
|->
|->  See *all* references to "sql" in radiusd.conf.  See doc/rlm_sql.

I had read rlm_sql before, but did so again with a more careful eye and
notice this for the flow of sql:

1. Search the radcheck table for any check attributes specific to the user

2. If check attributes are found, and there's a match, pull the reply
items from the radreply table for this user and add them to the reply

3. Group processing then begins if any of the following conditions are
met:
     a. The user IS NOT found in radcheck
     b. The user IS found in radcheck, but the check items don't match
     c. The user IS found in radcheck, the check items DO match AND
        the read_groups directive is set to 'yes'

Where is the read_groups directive? Or does it exist?

Thanks,
Keith