sqlippool not working

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:14:57 CEST 2006

Hello,

Unfortunately, even with  freeradius-snapshot-20060920.tar.gz and
using the ./configure --with-modules="rlm_sqlippool" option, the
module did not install.

I needed again, to compile it manually from
freeradius-snapshot-20060920/src/modules/rlm_sqlippool/

And then, the same problem persists:

Module: Loaded SQL IP Pool
  sqlippool: sql-instance-name = "sql"
  sqlippool: lease-duration = 86400
  sqlippool: pool-name = ""
  sqlippool: allocate-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: allocate-clear = ""
  sqlippool: allocate-find = ""
  sqlippool: allocate-update = ""
  sqlippool: allocate-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: allocate-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
  sqlippool: start-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: start-update = ""
  sqlippool: start-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: start-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
  sqlippool: alive-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: alive-update = ""
  sqlippool: alive-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: alive-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
  sqlippool: stop-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: stop-clear = ""
  sqlippool: stop-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: stop-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
  sqlippool: on-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: on-clear = ""
  sqlippool: on-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: on-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
  sqlippool: off-begin = "BEGIN"
  sqlippool: off-clear = ""
  sqlippool: off-commit = "COMMIT"
  sqlippool: off-rollback = "ROLLBACK"
rlm_sqlippool: the 'allocate-clear' statement must be set.

The following is in my radiusd.conf:

      $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sqlippool.conf

        sqlippool foo {

                range-start = 192.168.1.1
                range-stop = 192.168.3.254

                netmask = 255.255.255.0
                cache-size = 800
                override = no
                maximum-timeout = 0
        }

------------------------

I didn't modified my sqlippool.conf, so it's the same as
sqlipool.conf,v 1.3 2006/09/13 12:49:37 pnixon Exp $

What can it be?

Also, what values should I populate in radippool table?

PS. Some things left:
IN configure.in (rlm_sql_oracle)
checking for oci.h... configure: WARNING: PETER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX1.

IN oracle-dialup.conf
# Optional Query - pnixon
        #accounting_stop_query =3D

Another issue: with oracle instant_client_10_2, rlm_sql_oracle would
not find it's libs, even when the required paths are configured. The
only way that I managed to install it was copying the whole oracle
folder to the freeradius server. I know that simply a matter of
changing the 10.1.0.3 version and something to the new one in
configure.in of rlm_sql_oracle, but I was in a rush:

# Look for Oracle10g "Instant Client" installed from RPM
        if test "x$ORACLE_INCLUDE" = "x"; then
                old_CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

        AC_MSG_WARN([PETER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX1.])
                FR_LOCATE_DIR(oracle_include_dir,oci.h)
                for try in /usr/include/oracle/10.1.0.3/

THANK YOU!