What kind of error in client-cert using EAP?

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Thu Sep 21 11:29:14 CEST 2006

> I don't know if my chiming in will make a difference or not.
>
> But windows can authenticate with a machine certificate or a user
> certificate....
>
> If you're doing the machine certificates, please say so, I'm a little
> confused as to what exactly you are doing now.

I don't now if you're asking this to me or to Alexandros.

The setup I propose corresponds to a machine authentication (Windows XP
authenticates automatically at startup time) and not to a user
authentication.

The complete setup is explained in this previous post
http://www.mail-archive.com/freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org/msg28499.html

I thought this was Alexandros's case as well as he wrote:
"I do only a machine-authentication, every machine which has a valid
cert can connect to the network... I write the explicit hostname in the
users file"

Alexandros do you confirm that you are not trying to authenticate the
user, but only the host at boot time ?

Thibault