Segfault with EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2

Nick Larsen larsen.nick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 23:19:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I get the exact same problem, and I too have been working on it for a while,
and is getting quite frustrating. I've tried FreeRADIUS 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 both
from source, and 1.1.2 from the FreeBSD ports collection (although I had to
hack the port to get it to build past sqlippool), on FreeBSD 6.0 and the
problem persists. Regular logins work fine, but whenever a PEAP login is
attempted, it crashes, and a truss/strace doesn't help at all.

I have until this Friday to have this sorted, else we'll be finding other
ways to do it, which is unfortunate as I have no other issues with
FreeRADIUS. I think I'll give Debian Sarge a shot.

I'll let you know if it works (which would mean FreeBSD has some issues with
EAP-PEAP).

Regards,

Nick Larsen

On 9/26/06, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Paul A Roberts <proberts at teleport.com> wrote:
> > This is the core dump.  FreeBSD 6.1 host, 1.1.2FreeRadius.  Authenticates fine using NTRadPing with MS-CHAP but crashes
> each time trying to authenticate from an XP box using EAP-PEAP/MS-CHAPv2.
>
>   Hmm... that doesn't help much.
>
>   All I can suggest is to try 1.1.3, maybe that works.  I recall there
> being other issues with FreeBSD before, but I don't recall what.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog