assigning vlan based on LDAP attribute

Matt Ashfield mda at unb.ca
Wed Sep 27 19:25:13 CEST 2006

I think part of my problem is that I do not have the vlans defined in the
Access Point. I incorrectly assumed that the AP would receive the vlan info
from the Radius server, and tag all outgoing packets from the wireless
client with that tag. However, I'm starting to think that that is completely
incorrect?! I should probably be creating all the vlans within the AP right?
If that's the case, it looks like I need a separate SSID per Vlan (using
Avaya gear here). I really hope that is not the case.

Thanks

Matt
mda at unb.ca