repeat until success?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 30 22:07:44 CEST 2006

Michael Proft <proft at medizin.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> passwd passwd {
>                 filename = /etc/shadow
>                 format = "*User-Name:*User-Password:::::"

  You've got two fields marked as key.  See "man rlm_passwd".

> authorize looks like:
>
> authorize {
>     preprocess
>     redundant {
>       passwd
>       notfound = return
>     }

  Huh?  Why are you doing that?  The documentation does not have *any*
example that looks like that.  And the documentation explains how to
create real "redundant" sections that work.  It explains what they do, too.

>     group {
>       passwd {

  Again, why?  I have no idea what you think you're doing here.

> in users file i got:

  And you didn't list "files" in "authorize", so the "users" file is
never used.

  Stop making massing changes to the config.  Start with the default
configuration, and work from there.