Reply-Message in various clients & EAP vs CHAP.

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sun Apr 1 15:53:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

Does anyone have a draft list of which clients actually support the
Reply-Message and by which methods they can recieve them?

The reason why I ask , it during initial tests (using chap) the built in
windows CHAP supplicant would display the reply-messages being sent back
from the server.
Now we've moved on from CHAP to using EAP and the windows supplicant no
longer displays the messages.

Am I right in assuming that with EAP attributes from the access-accept
packet only get to the NAS and that the NAS will strip out of the EAP
message
and pass it on to the supplicant and thats all the supplicant will ever get?
In which case, although the Reply-Message attribute is also supported in
PoD the client will never actually recieve it when using EAP ?

Thanks,

Arran