MS client issues

joe vieira jvieira at clarku.edu
Mon Apr 2 21:54:40 CEST 2007

Hey,
    Weird question:

    I am running freeradius 1.1.5, with samba 3.0.24.  configured using
EAP-PEAP, works, when I use a windows XP client and DO NOT do
"automatically connect with my domain login name and password", it works
like a charm.  However when i DO configure it to "auto login" it fails
miserably...the domain comes across fine, and ntlm_auth seems okay, it
just fails to provide to correct --nt-response.  if anyone has a hint
please let me know.
here is my debug output for the failure.

Exec-Program output: Logon failure (0xc000006d)
Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: Logon failure (0xc000006d)
Exec-Program: returned: 1
  rlm_mschap: External script failed.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

Joe