Anyone using dd-wrt for AP?

Ian Truelsen ian.truelsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:16:21 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 08:40 +0000, Eshun Benjamin wrote:
> The settings below will help:
snip

> Make sure you have your client(AP) information in radius: client.conf
> ( AP IP , MyWireless, Shared Key)
> configure eap.conf and radius.conf as well.
>
> All the best.

Thanks, but I am still having some problems.

I have the settings as you sent me, set up in the router. I have set
both the radius secret on the radius section of the router setup and the
WPA secret in the security section of the router as the same, namely:
testing456.

Now, I have this in my clients.conf:
client 192.168.1.115/24 {
        nastype         = other
        secret          = testing456
        shortname       = dd-wrt
}

However, when I try to connect using this router, I get the following
from the output of radiusd -X:

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.3.115:3078, id=0,
length=137
Received packet from 192.168.3.115 with invalid Message-Authenticator!
(Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet without response.
Finished request 0

I am sure that I am doing something basic wrong, but I can't see it.
Hopefully, some other eyes will spot the problem. Let me know if you
need any more information.
--
Ian Truelsen
s/v Sting