JRS - Proxying v2

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Apr 8 13:56:12 CEST 2007

On Sun 08 Apr 2007, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
> >   Yes, they're in CVS.  Also see raddb/templates.conf for some minimal
> > documentation.
>
> Hmm didn't come through in the install :(
>
> >> And i'm guessing templates are global too :) ? So they can also be used
> >> in clients and anywhere else you have to repeat something over and over
> >> again ??
> >
> >   Almost anywhere.  Sub-sections aren't supported yet (e.g. multiple SQL
> > modules).
>
> Aww, would be cool if they were. I do actually use multiple sql
> configurations, but they're just selecting data from different databases
> so much of the configuration is the same. But still very nice :)

Hi Arran

Although it will be nice when templates work inside sql sections too, the
config you mention can already be done with little config duplication do to
the way I split up sql.conf in cvs head. Just duplicate the data in sql.conf
but not the "included" query file for the database type you are using...

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/