add realm to user based on NAS-IP

Alexander Papenburg freeradius at papenb.org
Wed Apr 11 12:10:46 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell schrieb:
> rlm_realm instances do much the same job as the Proxy-To-Realm reply
> item, just they also handle splitting the username into it's component
> parts.
> Usually you would use one or the other, but not both.
Okay I tested both ways:

1st with suffix disabled in authorize section of radiusd.conf and:
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address == 10.0.0.1, Proxy-To-Realm = "realm"
       User-Name = "%{User-Name}@realm"

2nd with suffix enabled and:
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address == 10.0.0.1
       User-Name = "%{User-Name}@realm"

In both cases the request didn't reach the home server.

> Erm I thought your original question was, "how do I proxy a user to a
> realm based on the NAS-IP-Address and how do I rewrite that username
> with that realm name"
>
> If thats the case ... why are you using abc at realm as your test user???
I logged on with "abc at realm" to proof the proxy function of the proxy
server. For the other tests
my login was only "abc"...