freeradius, windows 2003 ADS - authentication fails

Jacob Jarick mem.namefix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:23:38 CEST 2007

OK,

1st off here is the document I have been following:
http://www.swami.se/swami/space/Categories/EduRoam/Workshop+about+eduroam+implementation/freeRadius_AD_tutorial.pdf
I have managed to get all tests and commands working except for
radtest (which i found out via google) and having an xpro client login
via wireless (as per the guide).

Sorry about only posting the debug info from the wireless session and
only the results from radtest, as I said earlier I will retest
tomorrow and repost correctly.

I definitely need to find out what is mangling the user name, the
document also mentions something about it (which I did follow).

"
Make sure that the following lines are uncommented and that the
value is the same as indicated here.
authtype = MS-CHAP
with_ntdomain_hack = yes
Ntdomain_hack is necessary to correct an error due to the
challenge/response and the format in which the user information is
sent.
"

I just re read the erd.conf I included, all seems fine (but dont take
my word on that) the only bit Im curious about is :

"
               #  This module is the *Microsoft* implementation of MS-CHAPv2
               #  in EAP.  There is another (incompatible) implementation
               #  of MS-CHAPv2 in EAP by Cisco, which FreeRADIUS does not
               #  currently support.
               #
               mschapv2 {

"
Its inside the peap { backets. Should mschapv2 brackets have any
configuration options ?
Ive been doing some more looking @ the config files (I can only read
the attached ones atm).

Thanks again for the help :)