PAM Radius Authentication

daniel daniel at centreit.com.au
Sun Apr 15 16:44:26 CEST 2007

Hi,
 I have been trying to set up the pam_radius_auth pam module to
authenticate my users through my freeradius server. The radius server
is working fine as I can get and Access-Accept packet with radtest and
also my wireless hotspot authenticates fine through it.
 The problem I have is that pam seems to be having a problem loading
the module. The auth.log shows the following:
 Apr 15 22:03:51 bill sshd[7861]: PAM unable to
dlopen(/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so)
 Apr 15 22:03:51 bill sshd[7861]: PAM [dlerror:
/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so: undefined symbol:
__stack_chk_fail_local]
 Apr 15 22:03:51 bill sshd[7861]: PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so
 I am running pam_radius_auth 1.3.16 and freeradius 1.1.6 on Ubuntu
6.10
 The pam_radius_auth module seems to be quite old, does anyone know
if it still works?
 Regards,
 Daniel Davis