Fwd: FR + AD + Vlans + LDAP help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 17 07:31:47 CEST 2007

Jacob Jarick wrote:
> Im not sure what is happening atm, the wireless client trys to
> authenticate but fails.
>
> radiusd -X -A output: http://pastebin.ca/444005

  The debug output shows an error message from ntlm_auth.  Fix that.

> Now I am still asumming radius can auth against ADS using ldap (am I
> wrong or right there ppl),

  No.  This comes up a lot, and the answer is always the same.  LDAP
servers don't do authentication.  They're databases.  FreeRADIUS is an
authentication server, not a database.  And Active Directory is barely
an LDAP server.  You can query it for *some* information, but not for
passwords.

  That's what ntlm_auth has to be used.