rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Operations error - advice please

Jacob Jarick mem.namefix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:45:37 CEST 2007

After more research yet again (google/ oriellys/ FR mailing list
archives) I "think" its one of these 2 scenarios.

1 - Anonymous Searches in Active Directory isnt working
2 - When I set:

#               identity = "cn=root,o=tfxschool,c=AU"
#               password = pass

the password should be encrypted. I have tried slappasswd but to no avail.

oreillys showed me the anonymous way (which fails quite possibly due
to win2k3 permissions) and the gentoo 1 actually shows u how to enable
Anonymous Searches in Active Directory on windows 2000.

So yes, def ldap atm not FR.

I will post a seperate request asking about FR + win2k3  Allowing
Anonymous Searches in Active Directory.

Gentoo howto: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Adding_a_Samba_Server_into_an_existing_AD_Domain