FR + LDAP + ADS - rlm_ldap: ldap_search() failed: Operations error [unclas]

Jacob Jarick mem.namefix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 02:50:59 CEST 2007

Thank you for the suggestions / tips Frank..

Here is the results from the command you gave me:
[root at localhost ~]# ldapsearch -x -h 10.1.1.11 -D
"CN=admin,OU=People,DC=tfxschool,DC=internal" -w pass -b
"o=tfxschool,c=AU" 'objectclass=*'

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=tfxschool,c=AU> with scope subtree
# filter: objectclass=*
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 1 Operations error
text: 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-031006CC, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0

# numResponses: 1

Im about to install unix services for windows on my 2003 server and
run my search command again to see if it populates the fields in ldap
some more (reccomended from the gentoo wiki's " HOWTO Authenticate
from Active Directory using OpenLDAP).

Also, it seems to me that freeradius is anonymously binding even
though I have set these 2 lines under "ldap {"
                identity = "cn=admin,o=tfxschool,c=AU"
                password = pass

here is the entry for admin which I retrieved using this command:
ldapsearch -h 10.1.1.11 -x -b "dc=tfxschool,dc=internal" -x -LLL -s
sub 'objectclass=*'

dn: CN=admin,OU=People,DC=tfxschool,DC=internal
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: admin
title: tfxschool
givenName: admin
distinguishedName: CN=admin,OU=People,DC=tfxschool,DC=internal
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20070426003712.0Z
whenChanged: 20070426014259.0Z
displayName: admin
uSNCreated: 82400
uSNChanged: 82415
department: tfxschool
company: tfxschool
name: admin
objectGUID:: Y5PXIUnZgEeBru7NxgIn3Q==
userAccountControl: 66048
badPwdCount: 0
codePage: 0
countryCode: 0
badPasswordTime: 0
lastLogoff: 0
lastLogon: 0
pwdLastSet: 128220214326562500
primaryGroupID: 513
objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAAKyI9FO9VW1CmlC13bwQAAA==
accountExpires: 9223372036854775807
logonCount: 0
sAMAccountName: admin
sAMAccountType: 805306368
userPrincipalName: admin at tfxschool.internal
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=tfxschool,DC=internal

Thanks in adavance, I appreciate the info very much.